Belmont Pasta Huacatay 8 oz | Black Mint Paste 8 oz
Huacatay paste is made with an Andean herb similar to mint or basil. It has a bold, unique flavor perfect for use on its own as a sauce or or mixed with meat and seafood dishes. The herb Huacatay, or Tagetes minuta, grows in the Andean countryside of Peru and Bolivia. Sometimes called black mint, Huacatay is in the same family as tarragon and marigold but its pungent aroma is reminiscent of mint or basil.
Huacatay has been a part of the Peruvian and Bolivian cultures since Inca times and it is still one of the first herbs chosen to enhance dishes in these regions. This flavorful sauce is a great choice for many types of dishes. Use it alone as a spread or mix it with chopped tomato, onion and peppers for a sauce with true Andean flavor. It’s also a wonderful aromatic marinade for meats and fish.
- Huacatay Black Mint Paste is made with huacatay herb
- Aromatic flavor similar to mint or basil, Use as a marinade for meats and fish
- No artificial color flavors or preservatives
- 8 oz jar
- Refrigerate after opening.
- Imported from Peru, expiration date could be stamped in spanish format dd/mm/yy
Refer to the product label for full dietary information, which may be available as an alternative product image.
About 45 servings per container.
Amount Per Serving
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.